Nov 4, 2022 | From the Desk of Dr. Eston Wenger of Premier Surgical Cleveland
How to Prepare for Treatment
If you have tried conservative treatments for varicose veins like elevating your legs and wearing compression stockings, but are still suffering, then it’s time for you to find a more long-term solution. There are some great options for treatment of varicose veins that are minimally invasive, outpatient procedures that require little downtime and have a high success rate. But where do you start? How do you choose the right procedure and how do you prepare for treatment?
The first step is to set up an appointment with Vein Specialist Dr. Eston Wenger at Premier Surgical Associates of Cleveland, TN. Dr. Wenger has 13 years experience in diagnosing and treating varicose veins. At your appointment Dr. Wenger will find the best treatment option for you whether that may be Endovenous Ablation, Sclerotherapy, Microphlebectomy, or the VenaSeal Closure System.
Once you have decided on a treatment option, Dr. Wenger will explain how the procedure works and will discuss what you are expected to do prior to your procedure. Here are a few ways you can prepare before your treatment:
- Drink plenty of fluid prior to the procedure.
- Wear loose fitting clothing the day of the procedure.
- Make sure to have someone available to drive you home.Have a pain management plan. Be prepared with pillows for elevating your legs and Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen to reduce soreness.
- Relax. Dr. Wenger and the staff at Premier Surgical Associates will take great care of you. You are in good hands.
Recovery time for modern vein treatments is minimal, but it’s still important to allow yourself time to heal and to take good care of yourself during that time. Here are some ways to ensure you heal quickly and safely:
- Slow and steady. Take things slow for a week to minimize pain and bruising.
- Walk. As you recover, it’s important to keep your blood moving. Walking for 10 to 15 minutes at a time as soon as you’re home from your procedure will circulate your blood and help reduce your risk for a blood clot.
- Ease back into your exercise routine. Strenuous exercise should be avoided for at least two weeks after your procedure.
If you’re ready to be free from varicose veins, schedule an appointment with Dr. Eston Wenger today. Give Dr. Eston Wenger a call at Premier Surgical Associates of Cleveland, TN, at (423) 472-5423 or click here to request an appointment online.
Schedule an Appointment or Consultation Today!
Comments Policy: We love comments and appreciate the time that readers spend to share ideas and give feedback. However, all comments are manually moderated and those deemed to be spam or solely promotional will be deleted.